It usually goes something like this. "Don't you realize that I am only one person. How can I possibly accomplish everything on here?" "Don't be ridiculous you stupid list, I can't do all of this." "This is so not fair." "GRRRR" I know I am starting to sound like my nine year old granddaughter, but let's face it, there are times that we feel like we just can't get everything done that we need to do.
So how do we accomplish all that we need to do without stressing ourselves out.
1) Breathe, Relax, and Cut Yourself Some Slack We are all human and there is only so much any of us can do in a day. Even though we may start off our day with the best of intentions, at the end of the day we will probably find that we weren't able to accomplish all of the things that we set out to do. IT'S OKAY.
2) Prioritize Look at your list and decide what is most important for you to get done that day. Choose three things, and put those things at the top of your list. If you are able to get those three things done then pat yourself on the back and move onto the next most important thing on your list. If you don't get those done, and let's face it things come up, then go back to the cut yourself some slack.
3) Do One Thing At A Time until it is done. I don't know about you but this is a hard one for me. I tend to start something, get distracted, and the next thing you know I am completely off task. Once again, cut yourself some slack. Distractions are bound to happen. (Oh, sorry I was in the middle of writing this post and I noticed the one inch layer of dust on my table. It was imperative for me to dust it right now)
4) Do A Happy Dance when you complete something on your list. Be proud of the fact that you accomplished one of your tasks. You are just so completely awesome.
5) Accept That You Will Never Get Everything Done You are only human and there is always going to be more things to add to that list. Once again, go back to cut yourself some slack. Life is too short to stress out over your TO DO list. You can't please everyone, so know that you are doing the absolute best that you can.
How do you approach your TO DO list. I would love to hear your ideas.