Whenever someone did something she didn't like she would yell "kiss my grits"
When my oldest daughter was three, we took her to Disney World. While there, we decided to go to a rather fancy restaurant for dinner. She decided that she wanted a cheeseburger and no matter how much we told her they didn't have cheeseburgers and offered her alternatives she wasn't buying it.
Finally with typical three year old frustration she threw up her hands, and as she went over backwards in her chair, shouted
Kiss My Grits
Oh boy!!! There was lots of giggling in the restaurant, but as for me, I decided that maybe there was a bit too much T.V. watching going on. (okay, I was giggling behind my menu)
Peanut butter and jelly, anyone?????
Mine is Cheese Grits Casserole.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Gradually whisk in milk, butter and eggs. Stir in cheese, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Source: Taste of Home
I think I just heard the sound of rain outside. It can't! It wouldn't!
KISS MY GRITS!
Linking today with:
Tweak it Tuesday on Cozy Little House