Then an email popped up from my friend, Jen at Muddy Boot Dreams, and it set me on the right track. God, the Universe, whatever you personally believe, was listening and sent me just what I needed at the right moment.
It made me really think about the self-doubt, and I knew it was time for me to take a step in the right direction. I need to stop doubting myself.
1) One of the first things we all need to to do is work to take control of the stress in our lives. Some of the ways to do that is pray, meditate, laugh, smile, spend time with loved ones.
2) We need to stop comparing ourselves to others. I am so guilty of this, but we need to realize that each one of us has a different path. What works for someone else may not be what is best for you.
3) Do you worry about what other people think of you? Do you do what they think is best instead of following your own dreams and plans. Stop listening to everyone else. You are the expert on yourself. That doesn't mean that someone may not have a good idea, but it does mean you should think it through and decide if it is right for you and the path you have chosen.
4) We must all embrace the fact that it is okay to fail. Einstein failed 1,000 times. Want a list of all the really successful people who had failures or were told they couldn't do something? Check it out here. If they were able to do it, so are we.
5) Read or listen to inspirational books. It is wonderful to be told you can. I personally like the books by Wayne Dyer. He writes in a way that makes it easy for me. (no I am not being compensated by him. I just love the books)
6) So now it is time to tell all of that doubt goodbye. If necessary write a farewell letter to it. Keep putting one foot in front of the other as you travel down your path. Who know where it may lead you or what you may find. The journey can be half the fun, and it sure beats sitting at home going nowhere because of all of the doubt.