I am spending time with my family this week, so I am not having Women Speak. I will resume it next Tuesday, when we will talk about how to live your life as an aging single woman, a topic suggested by one of my readers.
I have been spending some time thinking about ways to live a healthier life and so I thought I would share these simple suggestions today.
1. Drink Plenty Of Water. Drinking two cups before a meal can cut calorie intake by 15% and keep skin looking healthy.
2. Sleep. It keeps you well because chemicals important to your immune system are secreted during sleep
3. Move That Body. 30 minutes of walking can burn 200-250 calories.
4) Eat One Less Bite. Cut 250 calories from food and burn 250 calories with exercise each day and you can lose 3500 calories, or one pound a week.
5) Give a Hug, Get a Hug. Hugs can lower blood pressure and ease stress.
Thanks to Conscious Life News for these tips.
I also want to take a moment to say how saddened I was by Robin Williams death. My ex husband, the father of my daughters, also suffers from Bipolar Disorder. It is a devastating illness in the lives of many families. My prayers are with his family.