There, I have just come right out and said it, and I'll say it again,
sometimes my attitude stinks
When I wake up each morning I try to start my day by feeling gratitude. I say thank you for something and how grateful I am to be alive for another day. But then, some days my attitude takes a huge detour.
Why is that? I just feel a huge pout coming on. It's the why me syndrome. Why didn't I make any sales the day before? Why am I stuck living in one room? Why can't I live nearer my daughters and grandchildren? WHY? WHY? WHY?
Well, I think you get the point. We are all human and we all have our bad days, but I really want to do better and have fewer of those days.
I need to work on it. I need an attitude adjustment, because I believe that when you change your attitude you change your life. Because I know that into each life a little rain will fall.
So here's my plan.
1) It's my life and I get to choose how it goes. I may not be able to control the external things that are happening around me, but I can choose how I react to them.
2) No one knows more about me than I do. So no matter what anyone else thinks I should do I know what is best for me. After all I am an expert on myself.
3) I will remain calm in the face of adversity. This is a hard one for me at times, because I just want to shout at life and say "how dare you treat me like that". That's when I will go back to #1.
4) I will choose love. Not only love for others, but love for myself. I will choose to love my present moment, knowing that I have everything I need in this moment. I will focus on what I have instead of what I lack, because then I will always have enough.
5) I will remember that I am on a wonderful journey. It's the journey called life.