One of the things I think about when I think of summer is fresh squeezed lemonade, and while I do love my lemonade I don't always want the sugar.
Lemons are so great for your health and I always use them in my morning green juice. You can read my recipe here and an updated version here.
I drink a lot of water. I don't consume caffeine and I don't drink sodas or alcohol, so that leaves me with good old water. Let's be honest, water can get pretty boring and I figure if I am going to drink it I want some added health benefits.
Lemon water is such an easy way to get so many great health benefits. I found a great article at Conscious Life News. You can read the entire article here, but here are the 12 benefits they list for drinking lemon water.
- 1. Immune-boosting benefits of vitamin C help ensure your body can fight off illness.
- 2. Despite lemons being acidic, they can help keep your pH balance in check.
- 3. Pectin fiber is great for your colon and digestive health.
- 4. Encourages the production of bile.
- 5. Dissolving uric acid, lemon water can help reduce pain and inflammation of the joints.
- 6. Good for your skin.
- 7. Helps to maintain eye health and protects against eye disease and damage.
- 8. Helps replenish the body after a tough workout.
- 10. Helps detoxify the liver and kidneys.
- 11. Helps kill bacteria in the mouth and can be used as a natural teeth whitening home remedy.
- 12. Can reduce the occurrence and aid in the treatment of urinary tract infections.
I think those are 12 good reasons to drink lemon water and as someone who doesn't like ice in my water it was great to find out that it is even better for you warm.
A pretty glass can trick you into thinking you are drinking something fancier.